lilyelement

lilyelement

Lore vs. The Summoning (Lore #1) - Anya Breton Lore vs. The Summoning is a book full of whodunit, action and fighting. The main character Lore, is a woman with interesting powers and is a force to be reckoned with. The daughter of Apollo is blessed with the power to heal, plague (kill), and slow time down when she is in a dangerous situation (like a bullet coming at her). It all starts with a sexy vampire asking Lore to look into the small matter of a mystery person trying to summon a demon. There are tons of bumps and twists along her journey to the truth. Not to mention all the kick butt fight scenes.

The romance aspect is different from most books. Lore is an equal opportunist, she has never really been into women before, but there is one that she has a weak spot for. If that is not your cup of tea, continue on your merry way. There is also a male romantic interest that I am interested in seeing how and if it continues. I'm not quite sure who I'm rooting for to win Lore's heart, book two might change my mind depending how the characters continue to grow.