lilyelement

lilyelement

The Siren's Song (Romancing the Pirate, #3) - Jennifer Bray-Weber Gillian McCoy, a tavern singer, is a woman on the run. She stows away on a ship only to find out that it is going down. Captain Thayer Drake comes to her rescue and you can see the sparks between them instantly.

Drake is the captain of the Rissa, a scavenger ship that helps relieve sinking/stranded ships of their cargo. His crew is a fierce and loyal bunch that I grew to enjoy as the book went on.

There are a few steamy scenes scattered around the book. Though not as many as one would hope. You feel the tension between Gilly and Drake, yet nothing happens on several occasions. When there are intimate scenes be prepared for it to be hot!

The plot is very intricate, details you do not believe will connect manage to wiggle their way into the story later. The characters were well thought out and detailed nicely. The plot itself is engaging and leaves you wanting more as the book progresses. The end ties together nicely and sums everything up. I found the book hard to put down and it left me wanting to read more of Jennifer Bray-Weber's work.