lilyelement

lilyelement

Boyfriend from Hell - Jamie Quaid Justine Clancy (aka Justy/Tina) works part time doing accounting in The Zone, and is a college student working towards becoming a lawyer. The story starts out with a bang (literally) when her boyfriend crashes her car into a bank and almost kills her. Not sure who or what to blame for his death she wonders if she had anything to do with it. Her words directly before the crash were damning her boyfriend Max to hell.

Tina never really thought of all the weird things that happen in The Zone, caused by a chemical spill. Flying gargoyle statues, an invisible thief, and buildings that glow are just some of the weird events happening. When her mousy, thin hair randomly turns into luscious, full locks she knows something weird is going on. Finding out she is one of Saturn’s daughters changes everything. She is able to dispense her own form of justice. With someone gunning against her, she has to be careful who she trusts since thugs in suits are tailing her every step.

There wasn't much of a romance aspect in this book. I didn't like Max at all. On the other side, I couldn't really figure Andre (Tina's boss) out. I kind of hoped they would get together, even if Andre seemed like a Casanova. I could feel the chemistry between them. Tina pretty much did things nonstop, so honestly she didn't have very much time for a relationship.

Boyfriend from Hell was a great read with a story outside the box. I recommend this book if you enjoy paranormal books that aren't the same old plot.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for an honest review.