lilyelement

lilyelement

Spellbound Falls - Janet Chapman Olivia Baldwin is a widowed, single mother that lives in Spellbound Falls, a small town where everyone knows each other. She helps her mother-in-law run Inglenook, a camp that advises single parents on how to better connect with their children. On a run to town to purchase a water tank with her employee there is an unwanted romantic advance and a stranger comes to her rescue.

The stranger is a handsome, protective man named Maximilian Oceanus. He is arriving at Inglenook early to get extra face time with the staff. There is definitely more than meets the eye with Max. His character is an old fashioned type of man that is protective of people he cares for. My first thought was if Olivia didn't want him I'd be glad to take him off her hands.

I felt that the romance aspect of Spellbound Falls is true to life since Olivia is a widowed single mother. She is guarded and isn't really looking for love. The relationship between Olivia and Max builds slowly and there were a few bumps in the road.

Spellbound Falls has a little bit of everything, so all readers will enjoy this book. There is a sweet yet hesitant romance, some magic and mythology, and several twists and turns in the plot that I did not see coming. The characters are interesting and made me not want to put the book down. I recommend this book if you like a little bit of magic in your romance.