lilyelement

lilyelement

Wicked as They Come - Delilah S. Dawson Letitia (aka Tish) Everett is a nurse that is recovering from an emotionally draining and abusive relationship. As most people would react, she rebels against men trying to command her life. Tish throws herself into her work even though it is difficult to handle at times. One of her patients is her Grandmother, who has cancer. I could see the love that Tish feels for her Grandmother, it came across as real and very sweet.

Browsing at an estate sale Tish becomes enamored with a locket that she has to have. Next thing you know she wakes up naked in a strange place and meets a mysterious man. Criminy Stain is a bludman (think vampire but cooler) that runs a traveling circus. He has searched for his soul mate for a very long time and believes that person to be Tish. She joins his circus and tries to figure out a way to get back home. Criminy and Tish hit the road and that's where everything starts getting very interesting.

Wicked As They Come is a unique read that has a steampunk vibe. The plot is excellent and hooked me from the first page. There is so much that happens in the book but the main points are romance with a slight love triangle, chasing after something/someone and exploring Sang which is a fascinating world. I highly suggest you read this book if you like Paranormal Romance.

A word of warning, do not start this at night as I stayed up until the wee hours so I could read "just one more chapter".