lilyelement

lilyelement

The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance - Delilah S. Dawson Frannie Pleasance, is a pet shop owner that sells rare pets from her home in London. The book is set in Sang, which is a world full of blood seeking creatures. When she meets an unconscious drunkard in an alleyway she comes to his rescue before the bludrats can get him. This is where Casper Sterling enters the picture. Things quickly begin to happen in Frannie's life; like a not so accidental fire in her bedroom and several other dangerous events. A firefighter named Thom Maccallan comes to Frannie's rescue and seems to stick around to be her protector. With all the dangerous occurrences happening in the book the only changes in Frannie's life are Thom Maccallan and Casper Sterling (her new lodger).

The main focus of The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance is finding out who is attempting to hurt Frannie. With a drunk musician and a hottie fireman attempting to woo her, the story kept my interest and made me love Sang even more than I thought possible. Delilah Dawson manages to mix whodunit, romance, paranormal and steampunk all in one. This concoction equals a fabulous series that is a must read. I highly recommend this series, if you haven't read book 1 (Wicked As They Come) definitely read that first so you get more details of Sang and the creatures.